Guiding Principle: We are called as the Church of Jesus Christ to provide opportunities for adults to grow in wisdom, faith and love. Through our Christian Formation and Education we strive to give adults structure for discerning and understanding God's Word, discovering historical and theological teachings, creating community, connecting faith and life, being encouraged in prayer and practices, experiencing spiritual growth and transformation, and finding more avenues for sharing God's love through service and mission in the world.
Adult Sunday School
Meets 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. (school year) and 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. (summer)
- Encountering the Word - This adult Sunday School class studies a book a semester, by discussing a chapter of a half of a chapter each week. These books often focus on nuturing our personal faith life and the spiritual life of our church. The book that they will be reading during the fall is A Faith of Your Ownby Ronald J. Allen. This book helps participants articulate for themselves their beliefs on such essentials to the reformed faith as the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, the divinity of Jesus, etc. Copies of the book will be available at the first class for $10 each. This class will be taught by Doug Slagle and Larry Hartog and will meet in the Memorial Lounge just past the stairwell on the left.
- Issues Class - Issues Class under the leadership of Tucker Thomas and its steering committee, will continue to explore any ideas of particular interest to those who are focused on how we meet the challenges of humanity. Moving progressively through concerns of our world and our community, we end the semester hearing how our members contribute to meeting the particular needs that are compelling to them. Source materials for learning more and getting involved will be provided when available for the topics covered. This class meets in the Dining Hall, downstairs and to the right.
- Feasting on the Word - is a discussion class that engages the lectionary scripture for each Sunday taking an in-depth look at the passage that will be used in the worship service, is led by Linda Reichenbecher, John Brunner and Judy Stubbs, and meets in Mrs. Walker's Room which is upstairs, through the double doors at the end of the hallway. Drop-ins are always welcome!
The following classes are held at other times than Sunday mornings and all are welcome to come anytime:
- Two to Three week series classes led by various church staff and members are held on Wed. evenings 6:30 to 7:15 in the dining room
- Horizons Study meeting during the school year -- Led by Rev. Carol Rose Ikeler meets 2nd Thursday, 10:30 a.m. in Memorial Lounge
Other Fellowships & Study Groups:
- Women's Circle #7: monthly meeting -- 3rd Tuesdays, 3:00 pm at Treyton Oak (during the school year only)
- Women's Gathering: monthly meeting -- 2nd Mondays, 7:15 pm in a participant's home
- Evening Women's Group: monthly meeting -- 2nd Mondays, 7:00 p.m. in a participant's home
- Men's Breakfast: weekly meeting -- Thursdays at 7am in the church Dining Room
- Knit Wits: monthly meeting -- 4th Tuesday, 7:15 pm in member's homes
- Stephen Ministry: monthly meeting -- 2nd Tuesday at 7:15 pm in Conference Room 1